Saturday, October 13, 2007

Meeting up with Zx's army friends

Weather:
Woke up by mom in the morning to have breakfast. So I went breakfast with mom, dad, brother and zx. We took sometime to decide where to have breakfast. In the end, we went to the ang mo kio avenue 4 market where I previously stayed. It's been so long since I last went there. I love to eat the 鸡丝面(Shred Chicken Noodles) and my brother likes the 鸡脚面(Chicken Feet Noodles). Last time I use to like 酿豆腐(Yong Tao Fu) because they have 猪血(Pig's Blood). Keke. We also bought 炸蝴蝶(Fried Butterfly) from Li Xiang. Their butterfly was good. Though not as much peanut and sesame as the one at outram market, the dough taste much better.

This 炸蝴蝶 (Fried Butterfly) was really good.
It doesn't taste that oily and you can taste the fragrance of the fried dough.

My brother's favourite 鸡脚 (Chicken Feet).
Eh..I don't really know how to eat that. So can't really give any comments. Heh.

After breakfast, fetch brother to ang mo kio's MOS Burger for a study session with his teacher. Haha. I think his teacher is one in a million. It was really nice of that teacher to conduct special tution sessions with the students to help them in their O' level. Really 难得. What's more is today is a public holiday. I believe most teachers would love to take a good break at home. Next is to fetch mom to her sister's (my 二姨) working place then head to toyogo to get some plastic drawer before heading home to rest as we are meeting up zx's army buddies at night.

Suppose to be meeting zx's army buddies at some place to eat japanese food. There is some change of plans so we met up at Newton Circus instead. Heh. Steve along with his gf was late so I had a bowl of prawn noodles first. There is only one stall of prawn noodles at newton. Stall name is Newton Prawn Noodles. Everytime I go there, I would sure order a bowl of noodles. Keke. Steve and his gf came about 20 mins later, then we ordered BBQ seafood and many other stuffs. Had a long chat and I think we all enjoyed the gathering with many laughters.


Left: Mdm, Steve and Steve's Gf
Right: Alan and Dearest

They chat about cars, bikes, army etc.

I ordered 粗米粉(Thick Bee Hoon) as I don't like yellow noodles. Hehe. Love the slippery 米粉 and the soup is not oily at all. Slurp. Price at $4 a bowl. They also have other variety. Should go and try.

As usual mdm ordered 鱼片米粉(Fish Noodles) with lots of chili and soya sauce. Keke
It's going to be so spicy on the butt later.


Sambal Kang Kong, La La, BBQ stingray and baby squid are ordered from Goodman BBQ Seafood.
I like the stingray and the baby squid best as stingray is fat and juicy and squid is so crispy. For kang kong, it wasn't spicy enough. La La wasn't that good as compared to the one at East Coast Park. Heh.

Carrot cake from Heng Heng.
Eh...Nothing special about the carrot cake there.

Satay from Heng Wang food delight.
Chinese satay. Not bad.

Oyster omelette from Heng Carrot Cake.
Haha. Nothing too special too. Just very oyster omelette.

Lastly, end the dinner with ice kachang as desserts.

Hope the rest also enjoyed their dinner. It's fun meeting them up.