Saturday, June 7, 2008

Fruitful day...

Weather:
Meet up with Lili at Sim Lim Square today. I'm going to get myself a zoom lens, a tripod and a camera bag since we planned to go jurong bird park on the 17th. After testing the macro lens at Alan Photo, I realise I didn't bring my wallet and I only have $200 cash in my bag. AH!~ I have to borrow money from Lili first (not good news cause I can't buy the rest of the stuffs). Thereafter, we went to the car to check if I left it there. It wasn't there. So I have to drive back to dearest home to get my wallet. Though troublesome to travel back, but it was a great time driving and chatting with Lili on our way back.

Sigma Telephoto Lens
70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro
Price: S$335

*Blurry blur blur me* I have to blame california fitness for my blur-ness cause in order to attend their one hour session with the trainer, me and dearest have to wake up at 645am. They have been bugging me to attend the session for weeks. So mafan. (Oops! I digress) Anyway, we went back to Alan Photo again to get my filters and tripod. Initially, I wanted to get manfrotto's tripod but then it's going to cost me a bomb. So I set my sight on a Slik tripod. I didn't get camera bag at Sim Lim as I want to have a look at Crumpler's camera bag first before I make any decision.

Slik U8000 tripod
Price: S$60

After getting the tripod and the lens, we met Pris up at orchard for lunch. Decide to treat Pris as a celebration for her graduation on her degree program. Yay! We decide to eat at Pasta Cafe in Takashimaya. I ate at this cafe once but since they never try it before, we shall give it a go.

*photos taken my lili with my 450D (credits to lili for taking such nice pictures)

We had mushroom soup, breadcrumb mussels, hawaiian pizza, grilled salmon, slipper lobster and beef & mushroom lagsane (from left to right). I like the slipper lobster pasta as it doesn't taste that creamy or too tomato-ish. The breadcrumb mussels is quite nice too. Well, as for the pizza, there is this funny taste in the tomato paste. I'm sure I am not alone feeling the weird with the paste.

After all the makan and gossiping, we went shopping at taka. Lili needs to get herself a dress for her photoshoot on monday. I was quite embrassed today. Whenever I go in and out of shops with tag scanner, the alarm will go off. Argh~ Really very "malu". I don't know why the alarm will go off. I only bring my camera bag with me and in it are my camera stuffs, wallet and mobile phone.
Last but not least, I went back to dearest place to have dinner. Just finish dinner, we are loyang temple to pray. Lili and hx didn't go with us. But I was kind of surprise that yaosheng agree to go with us. I didn't know he pray at chinese temple. I thought he was a free thinker or something. Haha. But I am glad he and kelvin coming along. At least get to meet them for a short while also not bad.

Got to go~