Saturday, April 12, 2008

Deciding on my future...

Weather:
Went over to Lili's place yesterday to get some advice on some business course from her elder sister. You might be asking me why is it that I am getting advice on business course instead of IT course. Well, I have been asking myself whether I would want to continue working in IT line after degree. After being around IT for about 9 months at NYP, I am starting to feel lethargic coming to work. Being lethargic is one issue. I can't wait to finish the contract and take a good break.

The second issue is that I have been accepted by NUS (School of Computing) and NTU (Interactive Media). After a good thought through of things and advices given by friends, I don't think I will be accepting the offers given by our local universities. Both courses duration are 4 years of full time studies. Apart from the duration, the cost of the degree is another consideration.

As I have used up quite a sum of my dad's cpf for my nanyang academy and nanyang poly. I need to start doing payments back to my dad as I have started working for at least a year now. After discussion with my dad, he won't be using his cpf if I were to go local university. I understand his point of view, as a dad, he felt that education is something he should provide for me. Due to some financial at home, I know my dad wouldn't be able to afford the fees.

In my view, I felt that there is a need for me to be financially independent. The feeling of being financially unstable is very uncomfortable. Therefore, another way out for me is to study part time and work at the same time. I know if I were to take this route, it's going to be a tough one. Most probably, I will take the toughest route as not to be a burden to my dad.